Manufacturing is a key economic sector in Laval. Its dynamism exerts a positive impact on job numbers in industrial zones, on the concentration of highly specialized businesses, and much more.
On the strength of its proximity to scientific research and service centres, the City of Laval continues to stand apart thanks to this dynamic sector. Manufacturing activities generate a host of advantages:
- A significant contribution to the Laval economy (11%)
- Diversified array of sub-sectors
- Access to new technological and scientific approaches
Laval’s manufacturing companies also benefit from advantages, including the Programme de soutien à la productivité (productivity support program), financial support programs and tax credits, and coaching.
Sectoral economic data
- Nearly 570 companies
- More than 22,000 jobs
- Gross domestic product (GDP) of nearly $1.9 billion, or 11% of Laval's GDP
- Nearly half of the companies work in complex processing, representing nearly 60% of manufacturing jobs (a concentration in complex processing unmatched in Quebec)
Need further information?
Please complete the application form. A member of our team will contact you shortly.